- Job Share-Maternity Leave role
- Part-time (3 days/week) l fixed term (9 months fixed term contract)
- Hybrid working model
- Location: Fawkner
What we do
The Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (GMCT) is a not-for-profit, purpose driven organisation - and we give effect to that purpose through our staff.
We take pride in the quality of our team. We are committed to the development of our team and foster a dynamic and people centred work culture that is dedicated to fulfilling our vision.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Future Design, this role will be pivotal in preparing master plans, policies & guidelines, concept plans, strategies and feasibility studies across the areas of built environment and open space.
In this role you collaboratively with peers, focusing on supporting the organisation to implement nominated projects in a safe and strategic manner that positively influences GMCT's stakeholder experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in landscape architecture, architecture and/or planning
- Demonstrated understanding of formal project management methodology and practice
- Demonstrated experience with strategic and urban planning, and respective statutory context and requirements
- Demonstrated experience with respective facets of landscape, architecture and design; sustainability & environment; the ability to understand community and stakeholder engagement and expectations
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral skills for the purposes of report writing, design briefs, oral and written presentation
Why join us:
As part of creating a workplace that supports and enables collaboration, our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A purpose driven environment with some fun along the way
- Healthy work life balance
- Autonomy & flexible work from home options
How to apply:
Please ensure you include a cover letter as part of your application. We would like to know why you want to work for The GMCT, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
Applications close 5pm Friday 24 September
For a confidential discussion, please contact Rose Naaz (03)
Please note, we do NOT accept applications via the Seek "Apply Now" button. Please apply via our careers site by following the link below.
https://gmct.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5647889
This position requires the successful candidate to undergo a pre-employment medical, police check and values testing.
GMCT is a Supportive Employer of Australian Defence Force Reservists.
GMCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - so reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.